Skip to Secondary Navigation Skip to Main Content

Current Beehive


 In partnership with:

Seedco Earn Benefits Logo

What to Do If the Other Parent May Be Physically Abusive

If you are worried about your safety or your child's safety, you should discuss this with your caseworker.

You have the following options:

  1. If you don’t feel safe giving out your address, you can have your address impounded (kept secret).  Talk to your caseworker on the details of how to do this.
  2. You can get a post office box and have the checks sent there.
  3. If you feel that the enforcement of the child support order will cause the other parent to harm you or the child, tell your caseworker. If the state enforcement office determines there is good cause not to collect, they will stop trying.
No votes yet
Your rating: None