Save Money with a Bank or Credit Union Account
Can you think of a good reason to let a check casher or a pawn shop take your money? Every time you get a payday loan or use a check cashing shop, you’re giving away your money! Read more to find out how you can open a bank account and take advantage of hundreds of dollars in savings.
- Power in Numbers: When you open a bank or credit union account in your community, you get the power of thousands (or millions) of clients behind you also saving their money.
- Safety First: With your money in a bank or credit union, it won’t get lost or stolen. It’s also safe in an emergency like an earthquake, a flood or a fire.
- Convenience: Keeping your money in a bank may not be as close as keeping it in the freezer or under your mattress, but there are benefits. With Online Bill Pay, it’s easy to transfer your money electronically to the people you need to pay. There’s no need to carry too much cash, and you can track your expenses on the computer to keep you on your budget.
- Bill Pay Service: Don’t pay your bills at the check casher! In the first year after moving to a bank account, average clients saved $800 in bill pay and check cashing fees! Also, your money can even make more money in interest when it’s in a bank account.
- Cheaper Money: When you open a bank account, you get access to bank services for reduced costs, or even for free. Having a relationship with a bank means that you can save money on fees and other loans.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind: Direct deposit your paychecks in a bank instead of carrying around a bunch of bills and you’ll be less tempted to spend your money on things you don’t need. In these times, we all need a little help controlling our spending habits!