Budget, Budget, Budget
Take a Family Staycation
Instead of spending a lot of money on a family vacation this summer, try a staycation instead! Staycations are “vacations” where you and your family stay at home instead of going away. They save you money, gas, and time. Plus, they can still be loads of fun! Here are a few ideas of things you can do on your family staycations this summer:
- Visit local museums and attractions. (Use a website like Citysearch to find free things to do in your city.)
- Go camping in your own backyard.
- Have a picnic in your local park.
- Plant a vegetable garden or participate in a community garden. (Get tips on gardening.)
- Organize a block party or barbeque. (Learn why grilling your food is healthy.)
- Go hiking. (Find hiking trails near you.)